Friday, August 31, 2012

West Coast Vacation- Part One: Oregon


   You know, I was originally going to write this big ol' blog entry detailing every aspect in my west coast vacation that my family and I took a couple of weeks ago, but then I thought: who would really care about all of that? I personally like travel stories, but I'm willing to bet that the majority out there wouldn't give a rat's bottom to hear a long winded story about someone else's vacation. So, in short here's a bunch of pictures I took while out and about with some descriptions below every once and a while.

 So the first place we visited was Pendleton, Oregon. It was more of prolonged stop while on the road. Since we weren't going to be going anywhere for a few hours. I decided to take a short fifteen mile bike ride through the countryside.



St. Mary's Catholic Church in Pendleton










Above are a couple of pics taken of the Columbia River. First one in the more desert-ish east and then the much greener and mountainous west.

 The left pic is the Bonneville Dam while the one with the train and mountain was right before the dam where they have a fish hatchery.


 When we got to the Portland area, my brother and I rode our bikes a good eighteen miles or so from where we were staying to downtown Portland. As we were going through the suburbs, we came across some awesome street art that we had to take pictures of.

This was just too awesome! While
visiting Powell Bookstore I found
this little tribute to H.P. Lovecraft
and had to snap a pic of it.

Portland, Oregon
 Tillamook Cheese factory. My mom really wanted to visit it before heading south which turned out to be an awesome drive through forested mountains and our first taste of the sea breeze. I am very tempted to move there because it's such a beautiful place. I wish I took more pictures of the area.



 Got to go out and play in the surf a bit before nightfall. It was my second time seeing the ocean.


     Still in Oregon, just a very scenic view of the ocean and northwest coast.  




So then we had a party on the beach... haha! Just kidding. I found this bottle (already empty-why's the rum always gone?) at a view point and wanted to take a picture of it.




Well this got a little bigger than I thought it was going to be. I've still got some more pics and the rest of California to share when I get some more time to write again. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! You seem to be an avid traveler and in case you're interested there's a great new way to see more of the west coast: http://www.mauivaaircruise.com/learn/west

    ReplyDelete